The Cliffs Interpretation Centre and La Pinta Ltd. which manages it, received five prestigious awards …Read more
Wild plants used to form the basis of culinary dishes and medicinal remedies in traditional …Read more
Whilst wishing our esteemed clientele all the best for the new year, kindly note that …Read more
A A A
Education is a key element of the centre’s sense of responsibility. THE CLIFFS Interpretation Centre will be used as an arena for raising the awareness of its users on a wide range of crucial environmental, social and cultural issues. It will strive to increase understanding of the interdependency between tourism and our environment and to encourage people to be responsible and accountable for their actions:
· To make the best use of natural light and natural elements such as the wind and the sun.
· To respect local character and landscape.
· To reduce energy and water usage.
· To minimise waste, energy use, transportation and pollution.
· To favour conservation status, by protecting and enhancing the area’s natural and cultural heritage, for and through tourism, and protecting it from negative tourism impacts
· To enhance development, by supporting environmentally sustainable tourism, offering facilities for visitors arriving on foot or by bicycle, by supplying trails, together with information.
· To sustainably reconcile environmental, economic and social goals by helping in the preparation and implementation of a sustainable tourism strategy and action plan for the protected area.
· To adopt the precautionary principle as far as possible where there is risk.
· To ensure that tourism supports and does not reduce the quality of life of local residents.
· To work in a partnership approach… by extensive collaboration between all parties especially local people and involving all those implicated by tourism in and around the protected area in its development and management.
· To develop awareness through education for all users focusing also on Europe’s protected areas as a fundamental part of our heritage that should be preserved for and enjoyed by, current and future generations.
· To helping visitors appreciate not only the basics of the site surroundings such as landscapes, sea and sky, but make them aware of what is shaping the same landscapes, sea and sky that is our fauna and flora biodiversity.
· To promote the building itself as a green building due to its concept and design, considered both during the construction phase and even during the running phase.